Citywide Santa Monica Curfew is in Effect at 6:00 p.m. on June 3rd through 6 a.m. June 4th.
Business Development & Technical Support
Reopenings to follow LA County Health Officer Orders
The timeline for reopening Santa Monica businesses will align with Los Angeles County and the State of California. Where the two conflict, the City will follow whichever guidance is stricter. The County still encourages people to continue to telework as much as possible. Read more.
Reopening Guidelines & Checklists
Every business is required to post their Protocol for Social Distancing at or near the entrance.
Every business in Santa Monica is required to adhere to relevant County Department of Public Health’s reopening protocol for their sector. Look for these checklists at publichealth.lacounty.gov/coronavirus.
- Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics
- Office-Based Worksites
- Shopping Center Operators
- Places of Worship
- Hair Salons and Barber Shops (but not spas or nail salons)
- Restaurants Opening for On-Site Dining | Guidance for Ventilation inside Restaurants
This is not intended to be exhaustive. For all other County of Public Health COVID-19 documents and protocols, visit http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/coronavirus/
- Water Quality & Safety Guidelines
- Statewide industry guidance to reduce risk
- Santa Monica Cares Business Reopening Toolkit
- GoSaMo Transportation Management Organization
- Advise on telecommuting and new employee transportation needs
- Expansion of Outdoor Dining for Restaurants (coming soon)
Small Business Resource Guides
- Los Angeles Small Business Development Center (LA SBDC) - COVID-19 Response Guide
- Provides overview of local, state, and federal loan programs
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - COVID-19 Guidance & Loan Resources
El Camino College Small Business Development Center
Need some hand holding?
Contact our local Small Business Development Center at El Camino College SBDC for free advice/support in applying for funding support.
Buy Local Santa Monica
Free and open to businesses that are physically based in Santa Monica with a valid City of Santa Monica business license. Upon joining, your businesses will receive free marketing and promotional assistance, training and networking opportunities, technical assistance, and more.
Tag @BuyLocalSM for some extra help in sharing/retweeting posts about your business on social media.Sign-Up Now
Connect with Local Business Improvement Districts (BIDS)
Now more than ever, your local BIDs and community business partners are an integral source of hyperlocal promotional support.
- Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce
- Subscribe to their weekly updates and download their resource guide
- Downtown Santa Monica
- Pico Improvement Organization
- Main Street Santa Monica
- Montana Avenue Merchants Association
- Santa Monica Pier Corporation
- Santa Monica Travel & Tourism