Santa Monica Business Owners
Business Sector Closures + Reopening Updates
Every business must follow LA County’s public health reopening protocols for their sector. The County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health has approved specific businesses to re-open in accordance with the Health Officer Orders. For your convenience, you will find links to the protocols for the most common business types in Santa Monica here.
Are you a Business Owner impacted by COVID-19
- Who wants to know what's open and closed? Visit our Business Closures page.
- Who is open for business? Get added to our Open for Business Map. Sign up here. >>
- Seeking marketing and promotional assistance? Check out our Santa Monica Cares toolkit and join our Buy Local Santa Monica program
- Looking for a Temporary 10 Minute Pick Up/Take Out Sign? Find it inside the Santa Monica Cares toolkit or click here.
- Looking for business reopening guidelines? View our Business Reopening page, where you’ll find links to County public health protocols and our local guidance for calculating reduced capacity.
- Looking for a list of waived or suspended government fees and taxes? See our round up here.
- Who needs a break on paying rent? See our COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium page and skip to commercial tenants.
- Do you need help mediating a rent dispute with your tenant or landlord? The Straus Institute at Pepperdine University Caruso School of Law is offering free assistance in partnership with the City of Santa Monica. Learn more.
- Need help figuring out transportation and parking needs for my employees? The GoSaMo Transportation Management Organization can help you.
- Interested in temporarily expanding your retail or dining footprint outdoors? Apply now for a Temporary Use of Outdoor Areas (including sidewalks, parking, and private outdoor spaces)
- Looking for resources to help my business recover from COVID-19? Check out our Business Recovery Assistance page.
- Interested in learning more about the Economic Recovery Task Force? Click here.