The contractor will be installing/modifying crosswalks at the following locations throughout the city in the coming months:
- New crosswalk at Montana Ave. between 2nd Street and 3rd Street - Work to take place February 19th through February 23rd
- New crosswalk at Ocean Park Boulevard between 2nd Street and 3rd Street - Work to take place February 19th through February 23rd
- Midblock crosswalk upgrade on Colorado Avenue between 21st Street and Cloverfield Boulevard
- Midblock crosswalk upgrade on Colorado Avenue between 26th Street and Cloverfield Boulevard
- Striping modifications on Lincoln Boulevard and Hill Street
- Striping modifications on Santa Monica Boulevard and 15th Street
- Striping modifications on Santa Monica Boulevard and 18th Street
- Striping modifications on Santa Monica Boulevard and Princeton Street
- Striping modifications on Santa Monica Boulevard and Euclid Street
- Striping improvements and crosswalk refreshing on Main Street near Hollister Avenue
- Striping improvements and crosswalk refreshing on Main Street near Kinney Street
The majority of the striping and meter improvements have been implemented on Ocean Ave. and Wilshire Blvd. Additional information on the revised traffic calming measures for Wilshire Blvd. can be found here: https://www.santamonica.gov/mobility-projects/wilshire-boulevard-safety-enhancements
As part of this year's annual pavement rehabilitation project, the City of Santa Monica repaired 3.4 centerline miles of the City's streets and sidewalks in the Downtown Santa Monica Area. This project included asphalt concrete pavement restoration, dig-outs of cracks in concrete, traffic signing and striping improvements, and repairs to concrete sidewalks, curbs, and gutters. The project repaved and is installing signing and striping improvements on Wilshire Blvd. from Ocean Ave. to Centinela Ave. and on Ocean Ave. from Palisades Ave. to Colorado Ave. The project involves the grinding and overlaying of asphalt concrete roadway and removal and replacement of severely deteriorated pavement before paving. After paving, new signing and striping improvements would be installed to meet current City standards.
Asphalt Paving rehabilitation for Wilshire Blvd. from 17th St. to Centinela Ave. took was completed on June 9th, 2023. The the asphalt pavement rehabilitation for Wilshire Blvd. from Ocean Ave. to 17th St was completed on May 12th, 2023. The asphalt pavement rehabilitation for Ocean Ave. from Palisades Ave. to Colorado Ave. was completed on April 14th, 2023. Concrete medians for bike lanes were installed the first week of June 2023 on the westerly side of Ocean Avenue from Colorado Avenue to California Avenue to provide separation between bike and vehicular traffic.
The contractor paved California Ave. from 2nd St. to 7th St. Striping crews are scheduled to paint the newly paved roadway on Tuesday, 11/28.
The project is also repairing concrete sidewalks, curbs, and gutters in Downtown Santa Monica that were identified in the annual sidewalk inspection performed by the Engineering & Streets Services Division of Public Works. In addition, concrete curb ramps would be removed and replaced at five locations. All sidewalk repairs as part of this project have been completed.
The contractor competed the Broadway striping modifications between 16th and 20th Streets.
- (310) 458-8721 ext. 5480