Big Blue Bus Now Lets you Pay with your Phone
June 28, 2017
by Robert McCall
Customers are now able to pay their fare with a smartphone, via a mobile app called “Token Transit” introduced in April. BBB is among the first transit agencies in Los Angeles County to offer this mobile-ticketing app! Similar to TAP, Token Transit is another great alternative to cash, helping you board faster and more easily manage your bus fare from your mobile device. Customers can use a credit card to purchase BBB passes and single-ride fares from anywhere! Rides can be purchased for immediate use or, if you’re planning ahead, they can be stored on Token Transit for future trips on BBB.
Pay for your BBB pass with a mobile device, in four easy steps:
DOWNLOAD Get Token Transit from Google Play (Android) or the App Store (iPhone). PURCHASE Select a BBB pass type you like (single ride to a monthly pass). Activate When you’re ready to ride, tap your pass. All passes are stored in your Token Transit account. RIDE As you board the bus, show the BBB operator your digital ticket. You’re good to go
If you plan to use Token Transit, here are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Currently, it can be used only on BBB as a valid form of fare payment.
- Be sure to load your pass on your smartphone prior to boarding BBB.
- Please wait until the bus approaches the stop to activate your fare.
- You cannot purchase transfers on Token Transit. Transfers must still be purchased with exact cash once on board the bus.
- A separate fare is still required when transferring from one BBB to another BBB. Want to keep abreast of other exciting changes happening at BBB? Join our mailing list at bigbluebus.com/emailalerts.
We look forward to seeing you (and your smartphone) on BBB!
P.S. BBB’s new mobile-friendly website is out! This means no more scrunching or side-scrolling needed to easily access the Trip Planner or to view Routes & Schedules. Check out the new site from your smartphone today at bigbluebus.com, and share your feedback on Twitter, using the hashtag #BBBMobile!