July is Parks & Recreation Month
July 2, 2019
by Tati Simonian
Santa Monica is internationally known for its iconic beach and world-class public spaces. It also boasts beautiful neighborhood parks, innovative health and wellness opportunities, ample sports and aquatic facilities, and enriching outdoor community events. The City of Santa Monica is encouraging our community to get outdoors to enjoy our bountiful Parks & Recreation amenities. Celebrate Parks & Recreation Month by getting active outdoors.
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Reserve a BBQ area at Virginia Avenue Park, the newest location to be added to the BBQ reservation program.
- Make it a great family day at the beach by visiting the North Beach Playground, the newest universally accessible playground.
- Register for a recreational class or day camp activity at locations across the City.
- Go for a quick ride on the ramps and bowls at The Cove Skatepark, located at Memorial Park.
- Get your crew together and head to the Annenberg Community Beach House pool for Sunset Swims, an 18+ monthly aquatics event with a chill vibe.
- Everyone from the family can enjoy the pool during Family Splash Days at the Santa Monica Swim Center with games, activities, and more.
- Every heard of Pickleball? It’s part badminton, part tennis, all fun. Drop by the Memorial Park tennis courts every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Join the family fun with musical performances or fun recreational activities offered free every Saturday at Reed Park this June or July.
These are just a few of the many fun events and activities available throughout the summer. See you outside this July!