Top 5 Ways to Give Local in Santa Monica for the Holidays
November 12, 2018
by Jennifer Taylor
Support those in need in our community and celebrate the season of giving with these volunteer and charitable opportunities:
1) Load up your bike, scooter or car with nourishing meals to deliver to your homebound neighbors. Meals on Wheels West is seeking volunteers to assist with food delivery and smiles.
2) Volunteer at St. Monica Catholic Community’s Annual Thanksgiving Dinner + Clothing Boutique on November 21. They are currently seeking volunteers to help plan, shop, set up, prepare, cook, serve, collect, distribute and help clean up.
3) Roast a turkey or bake a pie and donate it to the Westside Thanksgiving Community Dinner and Celebration on Wednesday, November 21.
4) Get your colleagues together and have a team outing to help those in need. The People Concern offers a myriad of group volunteer activities including sorting donation sorting, preparing sack lunches and assisting with art and wellness classes.
5) Buy Local, Give Local this holiday season. Help support one of Santa Monica’s many local charities this holiday season by shopping at a local charity shop (great source for holiday decorations + vintage gifts) or consider providing a gift donation to a Santa Monica-based non-profit.