November 21, 2023 8:59 AM
by Jennifer Taylor
This Saturday, Nov. 25, is Small Business Saturday, a day to celebrate and support our small businesses and Buy Local!
Supporting small local businesses ensures that your sales tax dollars are reinvested right here in Santa Monica, supporting our schools, parks and vital community services. It also reduces your carbon footprint, creates and keeps local jobs, and helps to keep our city unique.
And it’s fun! Learn more about the benefits of buying local here.
In celebration of Small Business Saturday, the Montana Avenue Merchants Association has partnered with the Buy Local Santa Monica Committee to host their annual Shop Small “Orange Balloon” Sale. This sidewalk sale takes place on Friday, Nov. 24, and Saturday, Nov. 25, at participating businesses on Montana Avenue. Support local small businesses while also snagging some great deals and unique gifts for your loved ones – and maybe a treat for yourself!
Here are some highlights:
- Save 20 percent off everything instore at Ele Keats Jewelry, plus browse a special holiday gift selection outside.
- Save 50-90 percent off clearance and discontinued items at Nest Bedding.
- Check out Just Filo, a new houseplant and accessories store, and enjoy 20 percent off plants, arrangements, planters and baskets.
- Save 20 percent off colorful Italian velvet loafers and lightweight wool jackets at Texture, a Sweater Store and More. Plus, donate $10 in store for the Westside Food Bank and receive a 10 percent discount off your entire purchase, including sale items.
- Save 30 percent off storewide and 50 percent off select items at Poketo, plus receive a free gift with purchase: spend $35 and get two free "Prism Pens" of your choice or spend $75 or more and get one free "Open Spaces Navy Nesting Set.”
- Head to Ten Women for a sale on gallery work by local women artists including knitwear, paper arts, ceramics and more.
- Save with special sales at Jill Roberts and Citron.
And the savings don’t stop on Montana. Many of Santa Monica’s local businesses throughout the city are part of the American Express Shop Small campaign, including Swish Studios on the 3rd Street Promenade, Sand ‘n Surf on Broadway, Bob’s Market on Ocean Park Boulevard, Sunny Blue on Main Street, Lunetta on Pico and Santa Monica Brew Works on Colorado Avenue.
Keep an eye out for the citywide Buy Local Santa Monica Holiday Gift Guide, coming soon, with a focus this year on sustainable gifts.
Happy holidays! Thanks for buying local in support of our businesses and our community – it makes a difference!
Economic Development Manager