COVID-19: For the latest local coronavirus information, visit santamonica.gov/coronavirus. Questions? Call 310-458-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily. Please leave 9-1-1 open for emergency calls to help ensure emergency phone lines are used for life threatening circumstances only.
The City of Santa Monica places the highest value on the health and safety of our community. We are here to help you get through this unprecedented public health emergency. Here you’ll find the latest information on the local response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check back often and if you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to the COVID-19 hotline at 310-458-8400 or email@example.com. Stay calm, stay informed, and stay healthy.
- On April 8, the City issued a revised supplemental order that strengthens the City’s eviction moratorium in response to the deepening impacts of COVID-19. Learn more here.
- The City wants to assess the needs of our community during the coronavirus public health emergency. Take the Community Survey (en Español)
- On April 6, the county’s top public health official advised that this is the week to use delivery services for essential items in order to avoid going to the grocery store and pharmacies where you are at greatest risk of exposure.
- Guidance from LA County Department of Public Health and CDC call for the general public to use non-medical grade face coverings when out for essential supplies and services. The most important measure is to stay home and when out for essential trips, maintain six feet of physical distance and frequently wash your hands. Please continue to leave medical grade face masks like N95 and surgical masks for healthcare workers and other essential workers. Here is a DIY face covering tutorial as well as helpful information from the CDC and CA Dept. of Public Health.
- The City has received a lot of questions about construction during COVID-19. Construction sites need to be a responsible neighbor and comply with State, local, and health guidelines. We issued stronger local enforcement measures that allow the City’s Building Official to shut down work if these guidelines are not followed. More in this resource and in FAQs.
- Additional clarifications to Essential and Non-Essential Businesses have been added to the FAQ page.
- New Translated Resources in Spanish, Russian and other Languages
- Safer at Home orders are in place in Santa Monica and throughout California. Stay at home unless you need food, a prescription, or a quick jaunt for fresh air (more). Our enforcement is focused on education.
- LA County Temporarily Closed All County Beaches including Santa Monica Beach, Bike Path, Ocean Front Walk, and Beach Access Points through April 19, 2020. Palisades Park is also closed through April 19.
- If you are a residential tenant and are concerned that you will not be able to pay April rent because of COVID-19 income loss, you cannot be evicted. The City Attorney's Office outlines the steps you need to take and has a form you can complete to share with your landlord.
Daily Video Updates (English)
Wednesday, April 8 - Mayor Kevin McKeown
Tuesday, April 7 - Deputy City Manager Anuj Gupta
Monday, April 6 - City Councilmember Ted Winterer
Daily Video Updates (Spanish)
Wednesday, April 8 - City Councilmember Ana Maria Jara
Tuesday, April 7 - City Councilmember Ana Maria Jara
Monday, April 6 - City Staff Aracely Zuniga
Federal, State, and County Public Health Information
Los Angeles County, the State of California, and the U.S. Federal Government have declared emergencies to allow greater authority to take measures necessary to protect and preserve public health and safety, including seeking aid from state and federal authorities as necessary. Here are the best sources of official information on the coronavirus:
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Coronavirus Information (Spanish)
- LA County 2-1-1
- California Department of Public Health Coronavirus Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus Information
- CDC Tips For Illness Prevention
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Information
- State of California COVID-19 Information
Recent Santa Monica Press Releases
- Announcing the We Are Santa Monica Innovation Fund (April 9, 2020)
- Face Coverings Required by Santa Monica Businesses and Patrons (April 8, 2020)
- Santa Monica Broadens Its Temporary Eviction Moratorium (April 8, 2020)
Recent Santa Monica Blog Posts
- A Call to Stay Home (April 8, 2020)
- Watch Out for Coronavirus Hoaxes and Stimulus Scams (April 7, 2020)
- 5 Reasons for Embracing Safer at Home (April 5, 2020)
Other Santa Monica Resources
- Santa Monica College updates on COVID-19
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District updates on COVID-19
- Big Blue Bus updates on COVID-19
- Santa Monica Travel & Tourism updates on COVID-19
Stay informed on what’s happening in Santa Monica
Last Updated: April 7, 2020