COVID-19: For the latest local coronavirus information, visit santamonica.gov/coronavirus. Questions? Call 310-458-8400 or email email@example.com, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily. Please leave 9-1-1 open for emergency calls to help ensure emergency phone lines are used for life threatening circumstances only.
COVID-19 - Cancellations, Closures and Service Changes
City of Santa Monica Coronavirus Hotline
On Tuesday, March 17, the City of Santa Monica launched a new customer service experience for the Santa Monica community to get questions answered on the local response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency. The hotline number is 310-458-8400 and the email is firstname.lastname@example.org. We care about our community in this challenging moment and look forward to connecting 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily. We will continue to respond through social media.
- Annenberg Community Beach House
- Basketball courts
- Camera Obscura Art Lab
- City Hall (City business will continue)
- Clover Park office
- GoSaMo Center public counter
- Housing Office
- Muscle Beach
- Park fitness equipment
- Santa Monica Public Library branches
- Memorial Park buildings
- Miles Memorial Playhouse
- Park-based meeting rooms at Douglas, Euclid, Joslyn, Marine Park, and Reed Park.
- Parking Lots: Beach Parking Lots, Santa Monica Public Library - Main Library Parking Lot
- Reed Park tennis office
- Santa Monica Pier
- Splash pads
- Swim Center
- Virginia Avenue Park Campus Facilities
- Volleyball Courts
Council, Commissions & Public Meeting Changes
All Board and Commission meetings have been cancelled through April 30.
The City will provide additional updates on upcoming City Council meetings as information becomes available.
Youth Program Cancellations
CREST, PAL, and Virginia Avenue Park Campus programs and youth enrichment service will be closed until April 30.
- CREST office and CREST programs at all school sites
- PAL facility at Memorial Park and PAL Fitness Gym at Virginia Avenue Park
- All facilities at Virginia Avenue Park Campus, including Pico Branch Library, Annex, Park Center, Thelma Terry Building, Patio Room, and 2101 Building/Teen Center
Refunds to CREST Participants:
CREST camps, youth sports, and after school programming have been canceled and refunds for spring will be issued. The refund process will begin on Thursday, April 9, 2020. Participants should expect to be refunded within 10 business days. Questions? Visit smgov.net/crest or call 310.458.8540
Recreation Program Cancellations
- Aquatics: programming and permits
- Sports: Drop-in skate park, fitness center, tennis, field permits, Playground Partnership Program, adult sports leagues and tennis court permits (courts will remain open for public use except for Reed Park’s tennis courts)
- Community Services: Community camps, classes, facility permits, and educational activities at the Ishihara Learning Garden.
The parks remain open for public use, but playgrounds are closed and you are required to practice social distancing.
Refunds to Recreation Participants:
Spring recreation have been canceled and refunds for spring will be issued. The refund process will begin on Thursday, April 9, 2020. Participants should expect to be refunded within 10 business days. Questions? Visit santamonica.gov/recscape or call 310.458.2239
All events have been cancelled. Here's a specific list of cancelled large events:
|3/28/2020||Cesar Chavez Celebration||Pico Branch|
|3/28/2020||Living History Tours (Postponed)||Woodlawn Cemetary|
|4/22/2020||City Hall East Grand Opening||City Hall|
|4/25/2020||Arts & Literacy Festival||Virginia Avenue Park|
|4/30/2020||Sustainable Quality Awards||Fairmont Miramar Hotel|
|5/5/2020||Most Loved SM 2020 Awards Ceremony||City Hall|
The counter for the Santa Monica Animal Shelter will be closed through April 30.
Big Blue Bus
The GoSaMo Center public counter is closed through April 30, and the Big Blue Bus and MODE Call Center will remain open; however, Saturday call center hours will be canceled through the end of April.
- BBB customers may visit this website, call 310-451-5444, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- MODE members may visit this website, call 310-458-MODE (6633), Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- BBB and MODE customers may continue to reach us via Santa Monica Works at smgov.net/santamonicaworks
Building and Safety
- Plan review, permitting and inspections will continue as normal. Staff will facilitate the intake of permit applications and issuance of building permits digitally through email and phone throughout the City Hall closure.
- All other submittals (e.g. extensions, renewals, records requests) will be done via email at email@example.com with payments made online.
- Inspections staff taking added precautions in regards to personal interactions and spacing.
- Passport services are suspended through April 30.
- Please drop off any items related to lobbyist registrations, claims, subpoenas, or lawsuits at the Public Safety Facility front desk (333 Olympic Drive).
- For Public Records requests, please visit the Public Records request website.
- Our priority is enforcing the State, County and Local emergency orders including business closures and operations and physical distancing. Code Enforcement is also responsible for responding to emergencies that are life safety and health safety.
- Code Enforcement's call center is staffed Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm to take complaints from the public that fit into these categories. The number is 310-458-4984 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voucher holders who need assistance should contact their housing specialist via email or leave a voicemail on their extension (or email email@example.com). All voucher holders will receive a letter in the mail about signing up for AssistanceCheck, and should follow the instructions in the letter.
- Routine recertification inspections have been canceled.
- All other inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For those without access to email, please call 310-458-8740 and press 0 to leave a voicemail (we will respond to voicemails as quickly as possible but callers should expect delays).
- Public Libraries are closed through April 30.
- The public lobby at the GoSaMo Center is closed.
- Parking staff are available to answer emails via email@example.com and telephone calls (310-458-8295) and complete online services and requests for validations. No walk up counter services are available and parking for city meetings and events will not be provided at this time.
- Film-LA requests for the Beach and surface lots will not be accepted at this time.
- Pier, Downtown and Beach parking operations may be temporarily suspended to reduce public crowding.
- To pay or contest a parking citation, call (800) 214-1526 or visit paytickets.smgov.net.
- For general questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address will be monitored throughout the day and a planner will respond within 24 hours.
- If you have an assigned planner, please email them directly for inquiries. Planners will be returning inquiries over email or phone within 24 hours.
- Application Submittals Via E-mail Only: Starting April 2, Planning application submittal appointments will be accepted via e-mail. Please e-mail email@example.com with “APPLICATION SUBMITTAL (PROJECT ADDRESS)” in the subject line to request a submittal appointment. You will be contacted by Planning staff who will schedule your submittal appointment for the following Tuesday or Thursday with further details regarding how to prepare for on-line document submittal and paying fees with a credit card. Unfortunately, same-day appointments cannot be accommodated unless there are urgent reasons. More information>>
- The Mobility Division is now able to accept applications and issue all permits remotely with modified procedures, including Oversize Load Permits, Temporary No Parking Signs (TNPS), Temporary Traffic Control Plans (TTCP), & Roadway Closure Permits. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for service. The account is monitored daily from 8 am to 5 pm, except for Saturdays, Sundays and alternate Fridays (including March 27, April 10 & 24).
- Worksite Transportation Plans and Emission Reduction Plans should only be submitted using the CityGrows portal. Any plans or payments mailed to City offices may not be received until staff has returned to standard working arrangements. If you would like assistance completing your TDM plan, requesting an extension, or making a payment please contact TDMPlans@smgov.net. To learn more about transportation resources for Santa Monica businesses, contact the GoSaMo Transportation Management Organization.
Rent Control Public Counter
The Rent Control public counter will be closed to the public during City Hall’s closure. Service will continue at 310-458-8751 and email@example.com.
Utility billing, business license and treasury
- Pay your utility bill online.
- Business license online services. For business license questions, please call 310-458-8745 or email Business.License@smgov.net
- For other types of tax payments or Treasury-related inquiries, call the number below or email Treasury@smgov.net
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Stay informed on what’s happening in Santa Monica
- New Hotline Number: 310-458-8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency alerts: santamonica.gov/alerts
- City of Santa Monica newsletter: smgov.net/newsletter
- Social media:
Last update: 4/1/2020