COVID-19: Street sweeping will occur 8/3 – 8/7, citations will be issued based on street sweeping requirements. City Hall remains closed. For the latest visit santamonica.gov/coronavirus or contact our hotline, M - F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 310-458-8400 or email@example.com.
Recreational Facilities Gradually Open for Play
May 26, 2020 11:32 AM
by Jamie Claus
In partnership with the County of Los Angeles, the City of Santa Monica has begun the process to gradually reopen facilities while safeguarding public health. A number of City facilities will begin to reopen with restrictions in July 2020 on a rolling basis. City staff need time to make facility improvements to ensure a safe reopen for the community. We are also working to make necessary changes to programming due to modified operating hours, staff reductions, social distancing, and infection control guidance.
We invite you to enjoy the following recreational opportunities that have resumed in accordance with the current guidelines. Please check back for the latest updates. Stay calm, stay informed, and stay healthy.
Effective July 7, 2020, all City of Santa Monica tennis courts are open for first-come, first-served singles play from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days a week. Per LA County Department of Public Health protocols, face coverings are required at all times, including during play. At Colorado Center Park, the East Court only is open for singles play from 8 a.m. –8 p.m., 7 days a week. Reservations for the East Court can be made on Bookmycourt.com.
No reservations will be taken for City of Santa Monica tennis courts. Please comply with physical distancing requirements posted by businesses and recreational facilities:
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or sick.
- Maintain physical distancing of six feet at all times.
- Bring your own racket and balls. Write your initials on each ball and only handle your own tennis balls.
- When other players are waiting, play is limited to one set with a five-minute warm-up; or one 35 minute rally.
- Private instruction by permit only. Please call (310) 458-8237 to verify the instructor permits.
- Face coverings are required at all times, including during play.
- No group gatherings allowed.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Complete safety guidelines at parks.lacounty.gov/covid-19.
THE COVE SKATEPARK
The re-opening of The Cove Skatepark at Memorial Park has been postponed until August 5, 2020, with the following modifications.
- Capacity is limited, a time limit and waitlist will be active.
- Only Patrons that are Skating will be allowed into the Skatepark.
- All patrons must wear face coverings in addition to helmets and pads.
- No equipment rentals will be allowed.
- Lost and found items will be discarded.
- Skatepark hours will be for general skate and rollerblade use.
- Membership is required as well as either a day pass or a valid quarterly pass.
- For patrons under 18, a parent must be present to sign-in on the first visit.
- Hours and contact info.
Information about other openings will be posted as they are available. A summary of City service changes and reopenings can also be found at santamonica.gov/coronavirus-reopenings