Soundwaves celebrates LA's diverse history of innovative underground music with free performances by world-class artists.
Started in 2016 by librarian, author, and musician Jeff Schwartz with composer Daniel Rothman, and funded by the Santa Monica Public Library, Friends of the Santa Monica Public Library, and the Amphion Foundation, Soundwaves has collaborated with presenters including the Angel City Jazz Festival, Microfest, PianoSpheres, Jacaranda Music, the Dog Star Orchestra Festival, the Santa Monica Department of Cultural Affairs, and Cold Blue Music.
- Sept. 2: Patrick Shiroishi Saxophone Quartet
- Oct. 7: Anna Homler with Jorge Martin and Jeff Schwartz
- Nov. 4: Trio Through the Looking Glass (Michael Jon Fink, Derek Stein, and Brian Walsh)
- Dec. 2: Ben Goldberg, Todd Sickafoose, and Scott Amendola
- Dec. 9: Cathy Milliken with Daniel Rothman and Jeff Schwartz