New Senior Below Market Housing Opportunity Available on 10th Street!
If you’re a senior, age 62+, and earn low income, you may be eligible to rent an apartment in the brand-new Magnolia Villas senior building opening in fall 2021!
The building is located at 1445 and 1453 10th Street and is being constructed by EAH Housing*, with an $11.4 million investment from the City of Santa Monica.
- private balconies for each apartment
- more than 2,000 square feet of courtyard open space
- community garden
- programming offices and community room
- onsite laundry
- long-term and short-term bicycle parking
- close to Kaiser Permanente and UCLA Medical Center
- within a mile of the Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica State Beach, and Third Street Promenade
All of the 39 apartments at Magnolia Villas have one bedroom and one bathroom and are required to be affordable to seniors earning low income in Santa Monica. Certain apartments will be adapted for persons with mobility, vision, or hearing accessibility needs.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this property, applicants must:
- Be 62 or older
- Earn minimum income, before taxes, per year of $16,885ߤ and no more than the below amount:
- 1-person household: $49,680
- 2-person household: $56,760
- 3-person household: $63,840
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- Live or work in Santa Monica. To be eligible for this priority, the head of household must meet ONE of the following:
- Live in Santa Monica;
- Work in Santa Monica at least 25 hours per week (or did prior to March 1, 2020, but lost employment due to COVID-19-related reasons);
- Participate in an approved job training program in Santa Monica;
- Have last worked at least 25 hours per week in Santa Monica and now receive unemployment, worker’s compensation, vocational rehabilitation benefits, disability benefits, or retirement benefits from the City of Santa Monica.
Please note that you do not need to live or work in Santa Monica to apply to Magnolia Villas; priority will be give to those who do, but all seniors are encouraged to apply. If you have already applied to the Below Market Housing waitlist, you do not need to reapply to referred for this opportunity.
APPLY FOR THE BELOW MARKET HOUSING WAITLIST NOW
*EAH Housing is a non-profit housing development and management organization founded in 1968 serving over 25,000 seniors, families, students, people with disabilities, and individuals who were formerly homeless in California and Hawaii across over 241 properties. The vision of EAH Housing is of inclusive neighborhoods with thriving socioeconomic and cultural diversity for generations to come, through well-designed affordable housing and a commitment to stewardship and residents’ quality of life through services. For more information visit: eahhousing.org/
Please note that vacancies in the Magnolia Villas building are required to be filled through the City of Santa Monica’s Below Market Housing (BMH) program waitlist. By applying to the BMH program, you will be notified of all apartment vacancies for which you are eligible. However, if you are interested in Magnolia Villas only, you can simply opt out of any other opportunities for which you are notified.
For help paying rent through vouchers and other housing programs visit: santamonica.gov/housing-apply.
If you do not meet the requirements listed above for Magnolia Villas, you can still apply for the Below Market Housing waitlist for other housing opportunities at santamonica.gov/housing-BMH.