Property Owners

Prospective owners

The Santa Monica Housing Authority only serves the City of Santa Monica. If you are the owner/landlord of a building in Santa Monica, please see the below. 

If you are a landlord in Santa Monica and would like to list your apartment with the Santa Monica Housing Authority (SMHA), please fill out the property listing form.

If you receive an SMHA Request for Tenancy packet from a prospective tenant and you have any questions about the needed information, please contact SMHA at 310-458-8743, email, or come into the office at 1901 Main Street, Suite A, Santa Monica, CA 90405 during business hours, Mon-Thurs 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

To learn more about SMHA's landlord incentive programs:

Apply for the Residential Rehabilitation Program and receive up to $15,000 per apartment to replace or upgrade building components and permanent fixtures.

Earn a sign-up bonus of $5,000 when you list your vacant apartment with us and lease to an eligible housing voucher tenant. Learn more about our HOUSE program.

Current owners

To view payment histories, past inspection results, upcoming scheduled inspections or to view/print forms and transmit them to the Santa Monica Housing Authority (SMHA):

SMHA offers a secure online service called AssistanceCheck. This convenient service allows you to contact us and make requests online rather than in person or by telephone or mail. Once you become a partner landlord you will be given a PIN to create your AssistanceCheck account. To sign up for access to the AssistanceCheck owner portal, please contact Patrick Gregorian at 310-458-8743 x5798 or

To update your information: 

Please fill out the Information Update Request form.

To sign up for direct deposit:

Please review the Instructions for Completing Direct Deposit Authorization Form. To enroll for the direct deposit program, please download and complete the Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit and mail, fax, or email it, with a voided check attached, to the contact on the form. Be sure to include a completed Proof of Ownership form and a completed W9 if you have not already submitted these.

Direct Deposit FAQs:

1. Where do I find the federal reserve code and/or bank code? 

You can find it on your check (upper right-hand corner – most checks). Refer to the instructions for completing the Authorization for Direct Deposit form for more information.

2. How can I get an email address?

If you don’t have an email address, you can sign up for any free email service, such as Yahoo mail, Hotmail, or Gmail.

3. Will I receive a statement in the mail?

No, you will receive your statement (check stub) via email. It is important that you provide us with a valid email address.

4. What if I need to make changes to my bank account?

If you need to make any changes to any of the items on your Authorization Agreement, you need to contact us immediately and submit a new form no later than the 10th of the month, in order for the changes to take effect on the 1st of the following month. Do not contact your financial institution.

5. Can I fax or email my completed Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit?

No. You must mail the completed form with your original signature to:

City of Santa Monica – Housing Authority
ATTN: Direct Deposit
1901 Main St., 1st Floor, Suite. A
Santa Monica, CA 90405.

You can also drop the form off in person.

Back to top