City Hall remains closed to the public. Click here for the latest COVID-19 information and click here to connect with a helpful staff member. Reminder: Street Sweeping will occur Monday, Oct. 5 - Friday, Oct. 9. Please remember to move your car.

Santa Monica Housing - Property Owners with Voucher Holding Tenants



Property Owners with Voucher-Holding Tenants

Prospective owners

The Santa Monica Housing Authority only serves the City of Santa Monica. If you are the owner/landlord of a building in Santa Monica, please read below. 

If you receive an SMHA Request for Tenancy packet from a prospective tenant and you have any questions about the needed information, please contact SMHA at 310-458-8743 (you will need to leave a message) or email

Current owners

To view payment histories, past inspection results, upcoming scheduled inspections or to view/print forms and transmit them to the Santa Monica Housing Authority (SMHA):

SMHA offers a secure online service called AssistanceCheck. This convenient service allows you to contact us and make requests online rather than in person or by telephone or mail. Once you become a partner landlord you will be given a PIN to create your AssistanceCheck account. To sign up for access to the AssistanceCheck owner portal, please contact Patrick Gregorian at 310-458-8743 x5798 or

To update your information: 

Please fill out the Information Update Request form.

To sign up for direct deposit:

Please review the Instructions for Completing Direct Deposit Authorization Form. To enroll for the direct deposit program, please download and complete the Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit and mail, fax, or email it, with a voided check attached, to the contact on the form. Be sure to include a completed Proof of Ownership form and a completed W9 if you have not already submitted these.

Direct Deposit FAQs:

1. Where do I find the federal reserve code and/or bank code? 

You can find it on your check (upper right-hand corner – most checks). Refer to the instructions for completing the Authorization for Direct Deposit form for more information.

2. Will I receive a statement in the mail?

No, you will receive your statement (check stub) via email. It is important that you provide us with a valid email address.

3. What if I need to make changes to my bank account?

If you need to make any changes to any of the items on your Authorization Agreement, you need to contact us immediately and submit a new form no later than the 10th of the month, in order for the changes to take effect on the 1st of the following month. Do not contact your financial institution.

4. Can I fax or email my completed Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit?

Yes. You can email this to

Or, mail the completed form with your original signature to:

City of Santa Monica – Housing Authority
ATTN: Direct Deposit
1901 Main St., 1st Floor, Suite. A
Santa Monica, CA 90405

Return to the City of Santa Monica Housing Division Home Page

Back to top