The Permit Services Center is open 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday by appointment only, unless noted differently below. Make an appointment at checkin.smgov.net.
- Permit Specialist (building permit issuance, Building and Safety Division records)
- Building and Safety (Building Code consultations, review of Same-Day Review project types)
- City Planning (Zoning consultations, review of Same-Day Review project types) - closed 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Mobility/SaMo DoT (Roadway Closure permit, temporary 'No Parking' signs, review of Same-Day Review project types) - available Monday and Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Civil Engineering/Public Works (Use of Public Property permit, Sewer Connection permit, review of Same-Day Review project types) - closed 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Business License (applications and renewals, Street Performer permit, contractor release submittals)
- Treasury (Transient Occupancy Tax, Utility Users Tax, Parking Facility Tax payments)
- Utility/Billing & Collections (utility service applications and payments, applications for low-income allowance, and Advance Deposit Hardship Waiver applications)
The building permit process is now 100% paperless and requires all permit applications and documents to be uploaded to the City's Electronic Plan Review System prior to visiting the public counter. Visit the Building Permits and Plan Review page for information and resources on how to submit a building permit application.
The City would like to assure the community that the safety of the public and our employees continues to be of the upmost importance. Face coverings are required by all staff and visitors inside a City facility. Physical distancing should be maintained and hand sanitizer is readily available to the public.