Santa Monica Farmers Market Events Presents: Andrew Fisher, Author of Big Hunger – The Unholy Alliance Between Corporate America and Anti-Hunger Groups
July 24, 2017
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – A free community event exploring the topic of hunger next Tuesday with community organizer, educator and author Andrew Fisher. Hunger is a medical condition; food insecurity is a political problem. Is there a cure for perpetual food insecurity in America? Farmers markets provide a bounty of local sustainable food that is becoming available to more and more people due to the efforts of visionary non-profit entrepreneurs who distribute food to the neediest among us. Meet the leaders who are making food accessible to all, starting right here at the farmers market, and find out how we are doing as a country in eliminating hunger.
- Andrew Fisher, community organizer, educator and author of Big Hunger – The Unholy Alliance between Corporate America and Anti-Hunger Groups
- Rick Nahmias, Founder and Executive Director of Food Forward
- Sam Polk, Co-founder and CEO of Everytable & Founder of Groceryships
- Frank Tamborello, Executive Director of Hunger Action LA
- Laura Avery, Santa Monica Farmers Market (Moderator)
When: Tuesday, August 1, 6:30 p.m.
Where: The Gallery Food Hall, 1315 Third Street Promenade (between Arizona Ave. and Santa Monica Blvd,) upstairs patio
The event is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be provided by Everytable.