City of Santa Monica to Accept Applications for Affordable Housing from Santa Monica Workers and Residents
The wait list for moderate-income households opens at 8 a.m. on Thursday, August 10
August 8, 2017
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – The City of Santa Monica will be accepting applications for moderate-income households to be considered for deed restricted apartments created through the City’s Affordable Housing Production Program. The wait list application period beginning at 8 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 10, 2017. It will close when the City has received enough applications to meet referral requirements.
Applications in English and Spanish will be accessible online through a secure website at smgov.net/livelocal. The site is responsive and will work on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Currently live in Santa Monica;
- Work in Santa Monica at least 36 hours per week;
- Participate in an approved job training program in Santa Monica; or
- Be persons who were immediately previously in the Santa Monica workforce but are now receiving unemployment, worker’s compensation, vocational rehabilitation benefits, disability benefits, or retirement benefits from Santa Monica.
To qualify for this program, household gross income must be within the following ranges based on household size:
- One-person household: $37,410 - $75,700;
- Two-person household: $42,780 - $86,500;
- Three-person household: $48,120 - $97,300;
- Four-person household: $48,120 - $108,100;
- Five-person household: $53,460 - $116,900
For additional information or questions, please go to our website at smgov.net/livelocal.
The City of Santa Monica does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.