Promote a Healthy and Happy Lifestyle at Santa Monica's Buy Local Health and Fitness Festival
This event will raise awareness about the economic, environmental, and community benefits of thinking local first
August 29, 2018
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — The Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce and the City of Santa Monica will host the Buy Local Health and Fitness Festival on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Reed Park. This free event brings together Santa Monica’s local businesses, services and non-profits for a fun filled day while raising awareness about the economic, environmental, and community benefits of thinking local first.
The event will kick-off with Walk with the Mayor that will leave Reed Park (corner of California Avenue and 7th Street) at 10 a.m. and return to Reed Park for the official start of the Buy Local Health and Fitness Festival at 11 a.m. The one-mile loop will showcase Santa Monica’s first neighborhood walking loop created in partnership with Adopt-A-Walk. Children should be in strollers or capable of walking the whole route and dogs are welcome!
This year’s event will feature:
- Food trucks, local pop-up stores and activities to learn about fitness from every Santa Monica neighborhood
- Homeless Task Force Hygiene Kit Assembly Station.
- Bike and scooter skills course for kids.
- Interactive pet wellness zone.
- Free health screenings and one-on-one’s with doctors from the top hospitals in town.
- Opportunities to learn about the many services and resources the City offers.
The event’s lead sponsors are Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows, Kaiser Permanente, UCLA Health Center and Cedars Sinai. The event is in partnership with Santa Monica Classic 5K/10K Run, Santa Monica Education Foundation, Main Street Business Improvement Association, Montana Avenue Merchants Association, Pico Improvement Organization, and Downtown Santa Monica Inc.
To learn about Buy Local Health and Fitness Festival partners, please visit:
# # #