Santa Monica Presents Art in the Parks from May to October
Free, family-friendly concerts, performances and art span across multiple parks in the City
February 26, 2019
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – The City of Santa Monica greets Spring, Summer
- WHEN: Saturday, May 11, from 5 – 7 p.m.
- WHERE: Tongva Park, 1615 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA
- WHAT: This free event is an opportunity to encounter contemporary indigenous art from local, regional and visiting nations.
Meet Me at Reed
- WHEN: Saturdays, June 15 to July 27, from 5 – 7 p.m. Pre-Concert activities for all ages begin at 3 p.m.
- WHERE: Christine Emerson Reed Park, 1130 Lincoln Blvd., Santa Monica, CA
- WHAT: The 3rd annual Meet Me at Reed outdoor performance series hosts six, free Saturday concerts and pre-concert family activities. Attendees are encouraged to bring picnic blankets, lawn chairs, food and beverages (non-alcoholic) and enjoy a day in the park. Attendees are invited to arrive early to enjoy family-fun activities for all ages, like corn hole, giant blocks and more.
Make Music Los Angeles
- WHEN: Friday, June 21, 2019, various times throughout the day.
WHERE: Visit www.makemusicLA.org in June for the list of events and locations.
- WHAT: Santa Monica celebrates the summer solstice and music-making with a variety of free performances in parks citywide. This is the eighth year the city has participated in Make Music Los Angeles/MMLA, a countywide celebration of music. Local performances are presented by many of the City’s Neighborhood Associations. The event is based on France's Fête de la Musique, a national musical holiday inaugurated in 1982 and celebrated on the same day in more than 800 cities in 110 countries.
Jazz on the Lawn
- WHEN: Sundays: August 4 to August 25 from 5 – 7 p.m.
- WHERE: Gandara Park, 1819 Stewart St., Santa Monica, CA
- WHAT: The free Jazz on the Lawn summer concert series returns for its 14th year each Sunday in August. Everyone is invited to grab friends, family and dancing shoes for free concerts in the park. A sampling of jazz and world music genres, free dance lessons and intermission performances (on select dates), and some of the area’s finest food trucks will be presented in Gandara Park. Attendees are invited to arrive early to enjoy family-fun activities for all ages, like corn hole, giant blocks and more.
Preconcertactivities for all ages begin at 4 p.m.
Wonder Room: EVENT CANCELLED
Santa Monica Cultural Affairs brings the City’s art scene to life for residents and visitors each year by supporting engaging and accessible cultural events for all ages throughout the year. Cultural Affairs nurtures local arts organizations, promotes artist involvement in the community, manages the landmark Santa Monica Civic Auditorium and presents and produces innovative programs citywide at the Annenberg Community Beach House, the historic Miles Playhouse, Camera Obscura Art Lab and in the city’s parks, enriching Santa Monica’s reputation as an international cultural destination. For more information about Santa Monica Cultural Affairs, visit smgov.net/arts | #ArtSaMo.