First Wellbeing Summit is November 16
All of Santa Monica is invited to this free, interactive event for all ages
November 7, 2019
WHEN: Saturday, November 16, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: 1660 Stewart Street – Santa Monica College Center for Media & Design
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Santa Monica’s first Wellbeing Summit is a free, interactive event for the community on Saturday, November 16 at Santa Monica College Center for Media and Design. Join neighbors, local partners, and global leaders to re-invent how we solve some of our most serious challenges and forge a vibrant future for Santa Monica.
“There are so many facets to civic and personal wellbeing and this summit provides an opportunity for Santa Monicans to explore this concept in tangible and fun ways,” said Mayor Gleam Davis. “Come learn about building empathy and community organizing or apply for a Wellbeing Microgrant or register for the Preserving Our Diversity senior cash assistance program. There really is something for every interest.”
Santa Monica has been at the forefront of the wellbeing discipline since we launched the Wellbeing Index in 2015 through a grant from Bloomberg Philanthropies. The summit will build on what we’ve learned and introduce the community to this groundbreaking area of study from international experts and neighbors bringing this work to life right here at home.
The Wellbeing Summit is intended to give residents a seat at the table to explore challenges we all experience in our lives at home, in the workplace, and as a society. The event itself is a combination of engaging discussions and interactive opportunities. The goal is for participants to leave with action steps to boost community wellbeing.
The day is organized by morning, midday, or afternoon sessions that registrants can select a la carte – so come for part of the day or the whole day. The lineup of free programming includes:
- DIY Human: A Connective Experience That Breaks Down Walls and Builds Empathy
- Jam Session for Changemakers and Community Organizers! Finding and Funding Your Idea for a Wellbeing Microgrant
- Civic Love - Learn how YOU can make a change in YOUR community, starting now.
- Creative Resistance through Printmaking
- Preserving Our Diversity (POD): Learn about Santa Monica's Cash Assistance Program for Seniors
- “I’m Sorry I’m Late, I Didn’t Want to Come”. Social Anxiety in the Classroom. Are You More Free or More Yourself at School or at Home? (for participants ages 12 – 20)
For more information and to register, visit wellbeing.smgov.net/summit.