COVID-19: For the latest local coronavirus information, visit santamonica.gov/coronavirus. Questions? Call 310-458-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily. Please leave 9-1-1 open for emergency calls to help ensure emergency phone lines are used for life threatening circumstances only.
Learn About Los Angeles County’s New Voting Experience
LA County Clerk presents new voting process at February 11th Council meeting
February 3, 2020
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Jeff Klein, Voter Education, Outreach and Community Relations Manager for the LA County Clerk/Registrar-Recorder will present LA County’s new voting process to the Santa Monica community at the February 11 City Council meeting.
The new process will roll out with the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election. Topics to be covered, include:
- the new Primary Election date,
- early in-person voting period,
- vote-by-mail and ballot drop-off locations (City Hall, Main Library and Fairview Library),
- local vote centers (Main Library, Joslyn Park, Marine Park and Virginia Avenue Park) and one-day pop-up vote centers (Main Street Farmers Market),
- real time electronic rosters,
- optional interactive sample ballots,
- the new ballot marking device and the modern tally system.
The public is invited to attend to see and learn more about this new voting experience at the next City Council meeting on Tuesday, February 11 between 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., at the Civic Auditorium East Wing, 1885 Main Street. Free validated parking will be available at the Civic Center Parking Structure.