COVID-19: Street sweeping will occur 8/3 – 8/7, citations will be issued based on street sweeping requirements. City Hall remains closed. For the latest visit santamonica.gov/coronavirus or contact our hotline, M - F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 310-458-8400 or email@example.com.
Santa Monica Gatherings Cancelled and New Guidance on Social Distancing to Prevent Spread of COVID-19
March 12, 2020 12:39 PM
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Today, the City of Santa Monica is taking aggressive measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to protect the health and safety of the community and our workforce in alignment with the guidelines issued by the California Department of Public Health and the LA County Department of Public Health. This morning, the City’s Emergency Operations Center was activated to level 2 to respond swiftly to changing needs.
The event and gathering changes are as follows and a list of all cancelled events is available at www.santamonica.gov/coronavirus. The City of Santa Monica is:
- Cancelling all gatherings, including events, programs, and activities, both hosted by the City of Santa Monica and other groups. This includes the Airport Art Walk scheduled for March 21.
- Suspending City of Santa Monica Boards and Commission (except Planning Commission) meetings through March 31, 2020.
- Determining scheduling for City Council and Planning Commission. This will be available soon.
- Encouraging social distancing of at least six feet while members of the community are in public spaces.
As a reminder, please follow common-sense public health guidance:
- Stay home when sick;
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; and
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick when out in public.
We appreciate your cooperation as we all work together to follow the guidance of public health authorities to mitigate the impact of the novel coronavirus across our larger community.
Official Public Health Information: