City of Santa Monica Launches 311 Program to Improve Customer Service
March 31, 2021 9:51 AM
Santa Monica’s new 311 program launches today, Wednesday, March 31 to improve customer service for all non-emergency City services. Santa Monica 311, available in English and Spanish, is an integrated program accessible via phone, email, and web. The City is also launching a new mobile app today that replaces the Santa Monica Works/Go system to make it easier to contact the City and submit requests.
“Our new 311 program will allow Santa Monicans to access information they need about City services quickly, in multiple languages, and via phone, email, web, and mobile devices,” said Interim City Manager Lane Dilg. “This is a big milestone as we enhance citywide customer service and build trust between our community and their local government. We’re here for you at santamonica.gov/311.”
311 is only for requests that do not require fire or police personnel dispatch (both emergency and non-emergency). If you need to report an emergency, please continue to call 9-1-1, and for non-emergency dispatch, please call (310) 458-8491. The following are some the most common reasons that community members should contact the City’s 311 system:
- Ask a question or provide input about City programs or policies (e.g. COVID-19, housing, homelessness, parks)
- Report downed tree branches/palm fronds, a broken parking meter, or illegal dumping
- Request street/sidewalk repair or graffiti removal
- Ask how to get started on city permits or processes
Here is how the Santa Monica 311 program works:
- Submit your question or request through the City’s new mobile app, the online form at santamonica.gov/311, by emailing email@example.com, or calling us at 3-1-1 within city boundaries or (866) 311-SaMo from outside Santa Monica.
- Our Customer Service Assistants will answer your question, put you in touch with the right City staff member, and/or create a ticket so we can track your request and make sure it gets resolved.
- City staff will work together to resolve your request and close your ticket. You can opt-in to receive status update emails. If you opted-in to be notified, you will receive a notification when your request has been completed.
Phone systems will connect you to the 311 system in your jurisdiction so when calling Santa Monica from near or outside city limits, please call our direct number: (866) 311-SaMo. For more information about 311 and instructions on how to download the mobile app, visit santamonica.gov/311.