- Protect and enhance environmental health and public health by minimizing and where possible eliminating:
- The us of hazardous or toxic materials by residents, businesses and city operations;
- The levels of pollutants entering the air, soil and water; and
- The risks that environmental problems pose to human and ecological health.
- Ensure that no one geographic or socioeconomic group in the city is being unfairly impacted by environmental pollution.
- Increase consumption of fresh, locally produced, organic produce to promote public health and to minimize resource consumption and negative environmental impacts.