COVID-19: Street sweeping will occur 8/3 – 8/7, citations will be issued based on street sweeping requirements. City Hall remains closed. For the latest visit santamonica.gov/coronavirus or contact our hotline, M - F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 310-458-8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Government Relief of Bills, Fees and Taxes
Local Late Fee Suspension, Tax Relief, and Deferment Programs
The City has suspended certain assessments and late payment penalties for the duration of the local Safer at Home order. Some late fees have resumed as of July 1
- Business Licenses
- Business Improvement District (BID) assessments
Late fees suspended
- Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) charges
- City Transient Occupancy Taxes (TOT)*
- City water and sewer bills
- Fire Prevention inspection charges
- Parking citations
- Parking Facility Taxes*
- Refuse and recycling collection bills
- Utility Users Taxes*
- Civil Unrest Repair Permit
- Outdoor dining (temporary and permanent)
- Commercial tenants in City-owned properties may be eligible for the Rent and License additional deferrals of rent and license fee suspensions for up to 12 months after the local emergency order is lifted. Learn more.
- For all other businesses, refer to the City’s COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium.
For More Information
- Late fees suspended
- Property Taxes: County of Los Angeles
- Income tax: State of CA Franchise Tax Board.
- Sales tax relief and filing extensions: California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA).
- Payroll tax and filing extensions: Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Tax Relief: Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Coronavirus Tax Relief for Businesses and Tax-Exempt Entities