|Friends of Sunset Park||www.friendsofsunsetpark.org|
|North of Montana Association||www.smnoma.org|
|Ocean Park Association||www.opa-sm.org|
|Pico Neighborhood Association|
|Santa Monica Mid City Neighbors||www.midcityneighbors.org|
|Santa Monica Northeast Neighbors||www.neneighbors.org|
|Wilshire Montana Neighborhood Coalition||www.wilmont.org|
Neighborhood Organization Grant Program
The City of Santa Monica is accepting proposals from qualified neighborhood organizations for up to $7,000 in funding through the Neighborhood Organization Grant Program. The program is designed to provide financial support to assist neighborhood organizations so that they may further communication with the residents within their neighborhood and build membership.
In order to be considered for funding, applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Represent a commonly recognized neighborhood within Santa Monica;
- Possess current tax-exempt status as a nonprofit organization under Section 501(c)(3) or Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Service Code (http://www.irs.gov) or Section 23701(d) or 23701(f) of the California State Franchise Tax Code (http://www.ftb.ca.gov);
- Have an active board of directors or officers, selected in accordance with association bylaws, who meet regularly, with meetings open to the public;
- Hold at least one general membership meeting annually;
- Maintain a membership list of at least 50 active members (residing at separate addresses) or 10 percent of eligible households within the neighborhood boundaries as defined in the bylaws, whichever is less.
All funds awarded during the fiscal year 2021-2022 grant cycle are to be expended by June 15, 2022. Organizations will be required to provide a Final Closeout Report and return any remaining grant funds in accordance with the Grant Reporting Requirements section of this fiscal year 2021-2022 Neighborhood Grant Application. Final Close Out Reports for the 2021-2022 Grant are due June 28, 2022. Applications for the fiscal year 2021-2022 Grant Program are available below.
To view a map of the neighborhood organization boundaries as a PDF, click here.