The State has prohibited all nonessential operations and gatherings from 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., effective 11/21/20 through 12/21/20, click here for details. City Hall remains closed to the public. Click here for the latest COVID-19 information and click here to connect with a helpful staff member.

Santa Monica Housing Division - Affordable Housing



To apply to the City of Santa Monica's Section 8 and Below Market Housing (BMH) waitlists, click here.

Section 8 Program 

Also known as the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, the Section 8 program assists low and very-low income households by subsidizing their rent with a federally-funded voucher paid directly to the property owner. 

Below Market Housing (BMH) Program

If your income is very low to moderate, you may be eligible to apply for the BMH Program. Visit this page to learn more.

At Risk of Losing Housing or Homeless

Have you recently lost, or might be at risk of losing your home in Santa Monica? Are you experiencing homelessness? Visit this page to find out more about urgent assistance options.


View this page if you are a senior looking for affordable housing in Santa Monica.

Additional Resources

Are you a veteran? Living with a disability? View this page for more helpful resources.

Return to the City of Santa Monica Housing Division Home Page

Back to top