October 15, 2019 3:30 PM
by Stephanie Lazicki-Meyer
Santa Monica’s Budget Task Force has been selected as a strong balance of thoughtful and talented community and staff members. This group will evaluate ideas generated by City Departments and make recommendations to the City Manager for:
- Fiscal Year 2020-2021: $1.5 million in budget reductions
- Fiscal Years 2021-2025: A minimum of $2.5 million in reductions
Budget Task Force Members:
Judy Abdo, former Mayor
George Brown, retired attorney
Janine Bush, business and human resources consultant
Lawrence Eubank, neighborhood leader and retired business owner
Ina Godoy, Assoc. Dir. of Finance & Business at UCLA
Dominic Gomez, retired telecommunications CEO
K. John Lee, former CPA, now green building contractor
Kimberly Ong, managing engineer for Purple Line at Metro
City of Santa Monica Staff
Brandi Lockhart, Staff Assistant, Housing & Economic Development
Dominick Bei, Firefighter, Fire
David Nanjo, Administrative Analyst, Big Blue Bus
Communications and Marketing Coordinator Jeremy Peterson, City Manager's Office
Concepcion Rechtszajd, Principal Community Services Supervisor, Community & Cultural Services
Matt Rice, Seargent, Police
Phillip Ticun, Capital Projects Manager, Public Works
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
- Monday, November 4 from 6-9 p.m.
- Monday, November 18 from 6-9 p.m.
- Monday, December 2 from 6-9 p.m.
- Monday, January 13 from 6-9 p.m.
- Monday, January 27 from 6-9 p.m.
- Monday, February 3 from 6-9 p.m.
- Monday, February 24 from 6-9 p.m.
For more information about the budget task force, visit santamonica.gov/budgettaskforce.
Principal Administrative Analyst