Disposal of Surplus

The Procurement Division is in charge of managing supplies, materials, or equipment that are excess or that the City no longer uses.  The City Charter (Section 1507) and municipal code (2.24.020(b)(2), 2.24.090(b)-(c)) authorizes the purchasing agent to sell or transfer surplus to or between offices, departments or agencies; and to sell by bid, auction, negotiated sale, donation, trade in or exchange surplus, obsolete, or unused supplies, materials or equipment.  

The City contracts with JJ Kane Auction/Ken Porter Auctions to sell surplus to the public.  You can view items and bid on City surplus at the auction website.

Please contact Procurement with any questions.

Contact Us: