Planning a BBQ or picnic get-together for a group of under 150 people? Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have an area reserved in advance! Group BBQ areas are reservable from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Airport Park, Clover Park, Marine Park, and Virginia Avenue Park.
Continue the Process:
Reservations open at midnight 21 days in advance for Santa Monica residents and 14 days in advance for non-residents. Reservations close 3 days in advance for all groups.
Go Online+ -
Visit www.smgov.net/reserve to login, or follow the prompts to create an account.
Navigate to “Reservations” and Select “Quick Reserve”+ -
Select the preferred Group BBQ area from the facility dropdown list. The following Group BBQ areas are reservable:
- Airport Park includes 6 picnic tables and 2 bbq pits, and is located east of the playground adjacent to the parking lot.
- Clover Park Area #1 includes 9 picnic tables and 3 bbq pits, and is located south of the office adjacent to the parking lot.
- Clover Park Area #2 includes 8 picnic tables and 2 bbq pits, and is located northwest of the office along Ocean Park Blvd.
- Marine Park includes 4 picnic tables and 3 bbq pits, and is located on the border of the park south of the Auditorium and playground.
- Virginia Avenue Park includes 4 picnic tables and 2 bbq pits.
Select Reservation Date and Check Availability+ -
Santa Monica residents can make reservations from 21 to 3 days in advance. Non-residents can make reservations from 14 to 3 days in advance. A red check mark next to the selected date indicates the time slot is not available, either because it is already reserved, or it falls outside the reservable range. Reservations are only available in a four-hour time block, from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Enter Event Details+ -
Choose an event name, enter the estimated number attendees under 150, and select “Calculate Charges”.
Complete Reservation+ -
Under Checklist items, initial the required Covid 19 waiver, and select “reserve now”. Enter credit card info and select continue to complete payment. Print or download and save permit for your records. Permittee must have a copy of the permit and be present during the entire event.
Attend Event+ -
Ensure you arrive within 30 minutes of permitted start time to avoid forfeiting the reservation. Place all trash generated from the event into trash cans prior to departure.
- (310) 458-8300