You will never regret taking time out of your busy day to go see art. Santa Monica offers a rich collection of public art, self-produced art and more. Get out there, drink it in and let it refresh your soul. You can’t see it all, of course. But you can try.
We're dedicated to integrating as much art as possible into our community's daily life. We encourage you to notice it as you go about your day, and invite you to seek it out in areas you don't normally visit. Click on a marker on the map below to get a peek at the public artworks in Santa Monica. To see more, visit the Public Art Archive.
Santa Monica Cultural Affairs Venues
Miles Memorial Playhouse
The Civic Auditorium
Beach=Culture at Annenberg Community Beach House
Camera Obscura Art Lab
Santa Monica Cultural Affairs Calendar
Find Other Events
The Palette is a weekly Wednesday email that highlights a handful of Santa Monica art and culture events happening that week. Sign up here.
To suggest an event for listing, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the JUST the title, date & time, description, contact and ticket info, location and a JPG image with credits as necessary.
Events must be cultural/artistic in nature and take place Thursday-Sunday in Santa Monica.
Suggestions can be made in advance but must be received no later than Monday at 12pm to be considered for that week’s edition.
All submissions are considered with no guarantee of inclusion. We prioritize events by City divisions and SMCA grantees, opening days of ongoing events, and accessibly-priced events.
- To have your artwork featured as a banner image, email email@example.com with the title, artist name and website.
- Images should reflect Santa Monica in some way. Images of artwork in all mediums are accepted.
- Images must be JPGs in landscape/horizontal format (6" wide x 2" tall or 800 px wide)
- Please send one or two images along with the above information (and photo credits/art attribution if applicable).
- There is no deadline: images are accepted year round. Selected artists will be featured for one to two weeks.