The 20th Street Bike and Pedestrian Connection Project is one component of the larger Michigan Avenue Neighborhood Greenway Plan (MANGo) which was adopted by City Council in 2014. This new two-way path along the east side of 20th Street and the north side of I-10 will close the existing gap on Michigan Ave (created when I-10 was constructed) from 20th St to 21st St.
Rooted in extensive community engagement and in coordination with Santa Monica’s existing policy and adopted plans, the 20th Street Bike and Pedestrian Improvements Project will add the following:
- An improved and widened bicycle and pedestrian path between 19th Court and 20th Street
- A two-way protected bikeway on the 20th Street overcrossing
- A new bicycle and pedestrian path between 20th Street and 21st Street along the northern side of the 10 Freeway
- Enhanced lighting for safety
- Improved streetscape and fencing
Project Status and Construction Schedule
Construction of the project started on June 26th, 2023 and is expected to be completed by the end of March 2024. Expect delays on 20th Street between Delaware Ave. and Olympic Blvd. due to occasional lane closures between the hours of 7AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday.
- Construction Notice - June 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 20th Street Bike and Pedestrian Improvements
- MANGo Project Website
- MANGo Final Concept Plan
Other Things You Might Like
- (310) 458-8721 ext. 5480