Business Recovery Assistance
The City of Santa Monica has compiled this list of local initiatives, marketing, networking, and financial resources to help businesses and individuals likely to be impacted by COVID-19 and the May 31 events.
Local Marketing, Networking, and Business Development Support
Temporary Use of Sidewalks, Parking Spaces, and Private Outdoor Spaces for Extra Outdoor Area
- Apply now online! Public sidewalks, the Main Street parking lane, portions of the Pier and Third Street Promenade, convert on-street parking spaces into parklets, and private outdoor space for outdoor business activity.
10-Minute Restaurant Food Pickup & Delivery Zones
- Convert one metered spaces into short-term pickup zones. Signage is good through December 31, 2020
Buy Local Santa Monica
- Free and open to businesses that are physically based in Santa Monica with a valid City of Santa Monica business license. Upon joining, your businesses will receive free marketing and promotional assistance, training and networking opportunities, technical assistance, and more.
- Tag @BuyLocalSM for some extra help in sharing/retweeting posts about your business on social media.
- Advise on telecommuting and new employee transportation needs. www.gosamotmo.org
Connect with Local Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
Now more than ever, your local BIDs and community business partners are an integral source of hyperlocal promotional support.
- Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Santa Monica
- Pico Improvement Organization
- Main Street Santa Monica
- Montana Avenue Merchants Association
- Santa Monica Pier Corporation
- Santa Monica Travel & Tourism
Santa Monica Travel Tourism Partner Portal
- To encourage our community to Buy Local, please fill out this online form so we can help promote your business offerings on santamonica.com/smcares. If you have changes to your offer once you have submitted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to make updates to your FREE business listing on SantaMonica.com using SMTT’s Partner Portal. To request access to the Partner Portal, please email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Financial Assistance
- LA County Disaster Help Center: https://lacountyhelpcenter.org/for-business-owners/
- Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) Resource Directory: https://laedc.org/coronavirus/
- South Bay Business Development Center - COVID-19 Resources: https://smallbizla.org/covid19/funding/
- OneLA Regional Collaborative: https://one-la.org
- South Bay Development Center (U.S. Small Business Administration-funded resource): https://southbaysbdc.org/
- LA Regional COVID-19 Fund: https://www.lacovidfund.org/
- COVID-19 Businesses and Employers: https://covid19.ca.gov/business-and-employers/
- Small Business Finance Center by iBank: https://ibank.ca.gov/small-business-finance-center/
- California Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) has created a one-pager of the Main Street Lending Program.
- Small Business Administration Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19
- CARES Act Revolving Loan Funds (RLFs), administered to Santa Monica businesses through Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation: https://www.pcrcorp.org/loans